Mechanical Project Engineer Co-op
The Mechanical Project Engineer Co-op position works within an engineering team to develop designs, specifications, cost estimates, technical specifications, and material specifications for high quality, state of the art CNC precision machine tools and related equipment for the railroad industry. The product line includes turning, milling, boring, and pressing equipment, laser measurement systems, and material handling systems. This position is responsible for the related design analysis, detailed documentation, and coordination with operations personnel to produce the finished products. It’s a great opportunity to learn and to apply your knowledge in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and control systems within a manufacturing company and an exciting, growing industry! The opportunity is in Albany, New York.
Co-op Responsibilities may include the following:
- Participate in development of machine design concepts
- Convert design concepts into manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD or Inventor 3D solid modeling software
- Participate in design review and project review meetings
- Create or revise documentation as needed such as bills-of-materials, layout drawings, etc.
- Interface with various disciplines including Control Systems and Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Service
- Investigate new technologies, cost-saving techniques and materials, and improved safety features for new equipment designs
- Conduct analysis of mechanical systems
- Participate in in-house machine start-up, testing, troubleshooting, and sign-off
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Salary: $22 per hour
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled