The Project Manager is the primary customer contact from a contractual and technical standpoint. This position produces the project schedule, conducts written and verbal communication between NSH USA and the customer, and coordinates with internal departments to ensure that the project is on schedule. The Project Manager reports to the Director of Project Management and works closely with the Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales departments as well as with the President and Director of Finance.
- Conduct written and verbal communication with customers as the primary point of contact
- Review customer contracts and specifications and present to the company at project onset
- Create an attainable project schedule that works within the customer’s timeframe and satisfaction
- Work effectively as a contributor to the Sales team to collect interdepartmental input and provide detailed direction on the proposed scope of work
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Customer Service to ensure schedule dates are met
- Coordinate the selection and integration of subcontracted equipment and services (rigging, civil, etc.)
- Occasional travel will be required (domestic and international); typically, 25% travel, and occasionally 4-6 weeks at a time during final installation and commissioning of large projects
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to clearly define scope and produce progress updates and lessons-learned
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering preferred, and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in technical project management or other customer-facing engineering roles
- Excellent customer-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED
- Excellent time management skills REQUIRED
- Large complex systems experience a plus (turbine systems, power plants, automotive turnkey projects, factory automation)
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes such as turning, milling, and grinding
- Must have basic CAD skills for evaluating equipment layouts and workpiece drawings
- Basic understanding of statistics and measuring/quality control
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Also interested in Project Manager applicants with relevant experience as:
- Applications Engineer or Project Engineer
- Construction Project Manager
- Industrial or Equipment Engineer
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled