The Utility Worker performs a variety of tasks within the manufacturing facility under general supervision. This is a 40 hour per week non-exempt hourly position with overtime possibilities. Candidates may be asked to work weekends and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform duties in assisting all other shop classifications as warranted by skill level, training, and need as deemed by Shop Management
- Perform minor maintenance duties on parts, assemblies, machines, building/grounds per instruction as required (i.e. cleaning, painting, mowing, snow removal, disposal of materials, etc.)
- Assist building/grounds maintenance personnel as required
- Perform detailed janitorial projects as instructed
- Run small errands (i.e. pick-up/delivery, mail, etc.) as required
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Shop Supervisors, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Machining & Fabrication Manager
- Other duties as required by Shop Managers or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within the job scope
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Efficient and particular
- Detail oriented
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment and small hand and power tools
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis required
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Working indoors (heated shop), same location
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Matching
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance available
- Profit Sharing
- Family friendly schedule: start times can be 6, 7, or 8 AM
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled