The Electrician is responsible for performing a variety of electrical assembly functions independently under general supervision. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform work related to assembly, installation, maintenance, and servicing of electrical systems
- Diagnose, repair, and replace broken or defective parts such as motors, switches, and fixtures
- Test, locate, and troubleshoot electrical circuits and equipment
- Read blueprints and plan for the installation of electrical equipment
- Make modifications on electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment when necessary
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in electric circuits and equipment
- Effective operation of the following equipment: measuring instruments (micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers); precision machines (drill and punch presses, bench lathes); hand tools (drills, wrenches, grinders); electrical tools (multi-meters, current meters, wire stripping and marking equipment, etc.)
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manufacturing Supervisor, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above-mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Shop Supervisor
- Other duties as required by the Shop Supervisor or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within
the job scope
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years’ experience as a journey-level electrician or completion of a recognized training program in the electrical field
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plans and diagrams, electric codes, and blueprints
- Ability to build control systems, electrical cabinets, electrical panels and machine equipment using electrical plans, diagrams, and blueprints
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, and tools of the electrical trade, knowledge of the occupational hazards of the electrical trade and related safety precautions; knowledge of National Electric Code required
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled