Machine Sales Specialist
The Machine Sales Specialist is responsible for industrial machine sales. This position will work independently and as part of a team to successfully foster long-term customer relationships and customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Travel to prospective customer sites to solicit orders or converse with customers via phone
- Display or demonstrate products, using sales materials, brochures, and electronic presentations
- Evaluate customer requirements and specifications to recommend the product(s) that will best fit the customer’s needs or communicate to NSH USA’s Engineering department what modifications may be required to NSH USA’s products to fit the customer’s needs, objectives, and challenges
- Compute cost of installing machinery and anticipated savings in production costs
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales proposals and contracts for obtained orders
- Prepare complete bid package submissions
- Review existing plant machinery layout and draw diagrams of proposed machinery layout for more efficient space utilization
- Work with Manufacturing to estimate customer delivery date based on NSH USA’s current manufacturing capacity
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database
- Develop and maintain relationships with consulting and purchasing contacts
- Attend trade shows
- Interface with Engineering Department on a regular basis
- Direct efforts of sales assistant staff to prepare proposals, submit bids, or mass mailings of marketing materials
- Other duties as required
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree Business or Engineering or an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline with 3-5 years of relevant manufacturing experience
- Multi-linguistic a plus
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure, deadline-driven periods
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task are necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent time management skills required
- Work well with people and combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- Work independently as well as in a team environment to perform all aspects of the sales process
- 25-30% travel may be required
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K) and incentive programs.
Upon hire, employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Accommodations will be provided where appropriate as required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled