The Machinist is responsible for operating a full range of machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines, boring, honing and surfacing machines independently under general supervision. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department.
- Produce high quality machine parts in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
- Work individually as well as with fellow employees to meet departmental efficiency, delivery, and quality goals
- Follow direction and take criticism and/or praise in a professional manner
- Identify, analyze, and solve problems and be able to reach acceptable and workable solutions
- Exhibit the willingness to make decisions when appropriate, but also identify the proper times to defer decisions to Management when necessary
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manufacturing Supervisor, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by NSH USA Corporation
- Reports to Shop Supervisor
- Other duties as required by the Shop Supervisor or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within the job scope
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- H.S. Diploma required
- Proven knowledge in Shop Math and in the use of measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Must be hardworking, reliable, honest, and take pride in workmanship
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining high quality performance
- Must possess proven working knowledge of all types of manual machine tools, CNC machine tools, and machine tooling (drills, taps, mills, etc.)
- Basic understanding and interpretation of blueprints – training will be provided if necessary
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience as an entry-level machinist or completion of a recognized training program in the field of machining
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity and trustworthiness are very important attributes that NSH USA Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
NSH USA offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K) and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled